Grammar focus:
las formas verbales conjugadas que se comparan con la versión en pasado aparecen destacadas en azul.
Debajo de cada lectura puedes abrir Past tense version
para comparar la misma historia en presente y en pasado, y Grammar point
para aprender una estructura útil del nivel.
A1 | BEGINNER
I work in a warehouse. In the morning, I put on my safety vest and check my work area. Boxes arrive on pallets. I read the labels and move the boxes to the correct shelves. I use a hand truck for heavy packages. Later, I prepare some orders for delivery. At the end of my shift, I clean my area and put my equipment away.
A1 | PRINCIPIANTE
Trabajo en un almacén. Por la mañana, me pongo el chaleco de seguridad y reviso mi zona de trabajo. Llegan cajas sobre palés. Leo las etiquetas y llevo las cajas a las estanterías correctas. Utilizo una carretilla de mano para los paquetes pesados. Después preparo algunos pedidos para su envío. Al final de mi turno, limpio mi zona y guardo el equipo.
🎵 I learned everything I know at LecturaBilingue.com — the place where stories come alive.🎵 Todo lo que sé lo aprendí en LecturaBilingue.com, el lugar donde las historias cobran vida.
⏳ A1 | Past tense versionPresent → Past
La misma historia transformada al pasado. Los verbos que cambian aparecen destacados.
I worked in a warehouse. In the morning, I put on my safety vest and checked my work area. Boxes arrived on pallets. I read the labels and moved the boxes to the correct shelves. I used a hand truck for heavy packages. Later, I prepared some orders for delivery. At the end of my shift, I cleaned my area and put my equipment away.
Put something away significa guardar algo en su sitio después de usarlo.
put + object + away
I put my equipment away.I put the scanner away.She puts the tools away.
Recuerda: con un pronombre, va en medio: put it away.
🔊 AUDIO A1
🇺🇸 English
Spoken
Song
🇪🇸 Español
Spoken
Song
A1 | Practice
Practice the Story — A1
Working in a Warehouse
Vocabulary
warehouse — almacén
safety vest — chaleco de seguridad
pallet — palé
label — etiqueta
shelf — estantería
hand truck — carretilla de mano
package — paquete
order — pedido
shift — turno
put away — guardar
Complete the sentence
Choose the correct answer
Build the sentence
Tap the words in the correct order:
awayequipmentmyputI
Reading comprehension
What do I wear in the morning?
Where do the boxes arrive?
What do I use for heavy packages?
What do I do at the end of my shift?
Translation practice
Translate into Spanish:
I work in a warehouse.
I read the labels.
I put my equipment away.
Translate into English:
Me pongo el chaleco de seguridad.
Preparo algunos pedidos.
Limpio mi zona.
Reading and translation are bonus practice and are not included in the score.
A2 | ELEMENTARY
At the start of my shift, I check the list of incoming and outgoing orders. When a delivery arrives, I compare the boxes with the information on the shipping documents. Then I scan each barcode and store the products in the correct location. When I prepare an order, I pick the items from the shelves, place them in a box, and attach a shipping label. Before the package leaves the warehouse, I make sure everything is correct.
A2 | BÁSICO
Al comienzo de mi turno, reviso la lista de pedidos que entran y salen. Cuando llega una entrega, comparo las cajas con la información de los documentos de envío. Después escaneo cada código de barras y guardo los productos en el lugar correspondiente. Cuando preparo un pedido, recojo los artículos de las estanterías, los coloco en una caja y pego una etiqueta de envío. Antes de que el paquete salga del almacén, compruebo que todo esté correcto.
🎵 I learned everything I know at LecturaBilingue.com — the place where stories come alive.🎵 Todo lo que sé lo aprendí en LecturaBilingue.com, el lugar donde las historias cobran vida.
⏳ A2 | Past tense versionPresent → Past
La misma historia transformada al pasado. Los verbos que cambian aparecen destacados.
At the start of my shift, I checked the list of incoming and outgoing orders. When a delivery arrived, I compared the boxes with the information on the shipping documents. Then I scanned each barcode and stored the products in the correct location. When I prepared an order, I picked the items from the shelves, placed them in a box, and attached a shipping label. Before the package left the warehouse, I made sure everything was correct.
Usamos before + sujeto + verbo para indicar que una acción ocurre antes que otra.
before + subject + verb, main clause
Before the package leaves, I check it.Before the shift starts, I review the list.Before the driver arrives, I prepare the order.
Fíjate: después de before usamos presente simple aunque hablemos del futuro.
🔊 AUDIO A2
🇺🇸 English
Spoken
Song
🇪🇸 Español
Spoken
Song
A2 | Practice
Practice the Story — A2
Working in a Warehouse
Vocabulary
incoming order — pedido entrante
outgoing order — pedido saliente
delivery — entrega
shipping documents — documentos de envío
barcode — código de barras
store — guardar / almacenar
shipping label — etiqueta de envío
pick an item — recoger un artículo
Complete the sentence
Choose the correct answer
Build the sentence
Tap the words in the correct order:
itcheckIwarehousetheleavespackagetheBefore
Reading comprehension
What do I check at the start of my shift?
What do I do when a delivery arrives?
How do I prepare an order?
What do I check before the package leaves?
Translation practice
Translate into Spanish:
I scan each barcode.
I pick the items from the shelves.
I attach a shipping label.
Translate into English:
Reviso la lista de pedidos.
Guardo los productos en el lugar correspondiente.
Compruebo que todo esté correcto.
Reading and translation are bonus practice and are not included in the score.
B1 | INTERMEDIATE
A busy warehouse has to stay organized. If an item is stored in the wrong place, someone may waste a lot of time looking for it later. I use a scanner to keep track of the stock and update the system whenever products come in or go out. Sometimes an order is missing an item, so I have to find out what went wrong before it is shipped. If we are running low on a product, I report it to the supervisor. Keeping accurate records helps everything run smoothly.
B1 | INTERMEDIO
Un almacén con mucho movimiento tiene que mantenerse organizado. Si un artículo se guarda en el lugar equivocado, alguien puede perder mucho tiempo buscándolo después. Utilizo un escáner para controlar las existencias y actualizo el sistema cada vez que entran o salen productos. A veces falta un artículo en un pedido, así que tengo que averiguar qué ha ocurrido antes de que se envíe. Si nos estamos quedando sin un producto, se lo comunico al supervisor. Mantener registros precisos ayuda a que todo funcione sin problemas.
🎵 I learned everything I know at LecturaBilingue.com — the place where stories come alive.🎵 Todo lo que sé lo aprendí en LecturaBilingue.com, el lugar donde las historias cobran vida.
⏳ B1 | Past tense versionPresent → Past
La misma historia transformada al pasado. Los verbos que cambian aparecen destacados.
A busy warehouse had to stay organized. If an item was stored in the wrong place, someone might waste a lot of time looking for it later. I used a scanner to keep track of the stock and updated the system whenever products came in or went out. Sometimes an order was missing an item, so I had to find out what had gone wrong before it was shipped. If we were running low on a product, I reported it to the supervisor. Keeping accurate records helped everything run smoothly.
Main changes
has to stay→had to stayis stored→was storedmay waste→might wasteuse→usedupdate→updatedcome in→came ingo out→went outis missing→was missinghave to find out→had to find outwent wrong→had gone wrongis shipped→was shippedare running low on→were running low onreport→reportedhelps→helped
💡 B1 | Grammar pointwhenever + present simple
Whenever significa «cada vez que» cuando una acción se repite.
whenever + present simple
I update the system whenever products come in.I check the stock whenever an item is missing.I report it whenever we run low on a product.
Idea clave:whenever introduce una situación que se repite.
🔊 AUDIO B1
🇺🇸 English
Spoken
Song
🇪🇸 Español
Spoken
Song
B1 | Practice
Practice the Story — B1
Working in a Warehouse
Vocabulary
keep track of — llevar el control de
stock — existencias / stock
find out — averiguar
what went wrong — qué salió mal
run low on — estar quedándose sin
accurate records — registros precisos
run smoothly — funcionar sin problemas
supervisor — supervisor
Complete the sentence
Choose the correct answer
Build the sentence
Tap the words in the correct order:
outgoorincomeproductswheneversystemtheupdateI
Reading comprehension
Why can a misplaced item cause problems?
What do I use the scanner for?
What do I do if an order is missing an item?
Why are accurate records important?
Translation practice
Translate into Spanish:
I keep track of the stock.
I find out what went wrong.
We are running low on a product.
Translate into English:
Actualizo el sistema.
Se lo comunico al supervisor.
Todo funciona sin problemas.
Reading and translation are bonus practice and are not included in the score.
B2 | UPPER-INTERMEDIATE
Warehouse work becomes more demanding when a large number of orders have to be processed in a short period of time. I need to prioritize urgent shipments while keeping an eye on the rest of the workload. If a delivery does not match the paperwork, I set the items aside until the discrepancy has been checked. During particularly busy shifts, orders can pile up, so good coordination is essential. Cutting corners might save a few minutes at first, but it can lead to mistakes that take much longer to fix.
B2 | INTERMEDIO ALTO
El trabajo en un almacén se vuelve más exigente cuando hay que procesar un gran número de pedidos en poco tiempo. Tengo que dar prioridad a los envíos urgentes sin perder de vista el resto de la carga de trabajo. Si una entrega no coincide con la documentación, aparto los artículos hasta que se haya comprobado la discrepancia. Durante los turnos especialmente intensos, los pedidos pueden acumularse, por lo que una buena coordinación es fundamental. Saltarse pasos puede ahorrar unos minutos al principio, pero también puede provocar errores que después llevan mucho más tiempo corregir.
🎵 I learned everything I know at LecturaBilingue.com — the place where stories come alive.🎵 Todo lo que sé lo aprendí en LecturaBilingue.com, el lugar donde las historias cobran vida.
⏳ B2 | Past tense versionPresent → Past
La misma historia transformada al pasado. Los verbos que cambian aparecen destacados.
Warehouse work became more demanding when a large number of orders had to be processed in a short period of time. I needed to prioritize urgent shipments while keeping an eye on the rest of the workload. If a delivery did not match the paperwork, I set the items aside until the discrepancy had been checked. During particularly busy shifts, orders could pile up, so good coordination was essential. Cutting corners might save a few minutes at first, but it could lead to mistakes that took much longer to fix.
Main changes
becomes→becamehave to be processed→had to be processedneed to prioritize→needed to prioritizedoes not match→did not matchhas been checked→had been checkedcan pile up→could pile upis→wascan lead→could leadtake→took
💡 B2 | Grammar pointuntil + present perfect
La estructura until + present perfect destaca que una acción se mantiene hasta que otra queda completada.
main clause + until + subject + has/have + past participle
I set the items aside until the discrepancy has been checked.We wait until the order has been verified.I keep it here until the label has been printed.
Fíjate: el presente perfecto subraya que la segunda acción debe quedar terminada.
🔊 AUDIO B2
🇺🇸 English
Spoken
Song
🇪🇸 Español
Spoken
Song
B2 | Practice
Practice the Story — B2
Working in a Warehouse
Vocabulary
process an order — procesar un pedido
prioritize — priorizar
workload — carga de trabajo
set something aside — apartar algo
discrepancy — discrepancia
pile up — acumularse
cut corners — saltarse pasos / hacer algo de manera deficiente
Reading and translation are bonus practice and are not included in the score.
C1 | ADVANCED
Efficient warehouse management depends on much more than moving goods from one place to another. Inventory has to be accurate, storage space must be used intelligently, and potential bottlenecks need to be identified before they disrupt the workflow. If one part of the process falls behind, the effects can ripple through the entire operation. I therefore pay close attention to patterns: which products move quickly, which areas become congested, and where errors tend to occur. Spotting a problem early can make the difference between a minor adjustment and a major delay.
C1 | AVANZADO
La gestión eficiente de un almacén implica mucho más que trasladar mercancías de un lugar a otro. El inventario tiene que ser preciso, el espacio de almacenamiento debe utilizarse de forma inteligente y es necesario detectar posibles cuellos de botella antes de que interrumpan el flujo de trabajo. Si una parte del proceso se retrasa, los efectos pueden extenderse a toda la operación. Por eso presto mucha atención a ciertos patrones: qué productos se mueven rápidamente, qué zonas se congestionan y dónde suelen producirse errores. Detectar un problema a tiempo puede marcar la diferencia entre un pequeño ajuste y un retraso importante.
🎵 I learned everything I know at LecturaBilingue.com — the place where stories come alive.🎵 Todo lo que sé lo aprendí en LecturaBilingue.com, el lugar donde las historias cobran vida.
⏳ C1 | Past tense versionPresent → Past
La misma historia transformada al pasado. Los verbos que cambian aparecen destacados.
Efficient warehouse management depended on much more than moving goods from one place to another. Inventory had to be accurate, storage space had to be used intelligently, and potential bottlenecks needed to be identified before they disrupted the workflow. If one part of the process fell behind, the effects could ripple through the entire operation. I therefore paid close attention to patterns: which products moved quickly, which areas became congested, and where errors tended to occur. Spotting a problem early could make the difference between a minor adjustment and a major delay.
Main changes
depends→dependedhas to be→had to bemust be used→had to be usedneed to be identified→needed to be identifieddisrupt→disruptedfalls behind→fell behindcan ripple through→could ripple throughpay→paidmove→movedbecome→becametend to occur→tended to occurcan make→could make
💡 C1 | Grammar pointindirect questions after wh-words
Después de palabras como where, una interrogativa indirecta mantiene el orden afirmativo: where errors tend to occur.
wh-word + subject + verb
I watch where errors tend to occur.I check which products move quickly.I observe where the process slows down.
Recuerda: no hacemos inversión entre auxiliar y sujeto.
🔊 AUDIO C1
🇺🇸 English
Spoken
Song
🇪🇸 Español
Spoken
Song
C1 | Practice
Practice the Story — C1
Working in a Warehouse
Vocabulary
inventory — inventario
storage space — espacio de almacenamiento
bottleneck — cuello de botella
disrupt the workflow — alterar el flujo de trabajo
fall behind — retrasarse
ripple through — extenderse y afectar progresivamente
congested — congestionado
spot a problem — detectar un problema
Complete the sentence
Choose the correct answer
Build the sentence
Tap the words in the correct order:
occurtotenderrorswheretoattentionpayI
Reading comprehension
Why must inventory and storage be well managed?
What can happen if one part falls behind?
Which patterns do I observe?
Why is spotting a problem early useful?
Translation practice
Translate into Spanish:
Inventory has to be accurate.
The effects can ripple through the operation.
I pay attention to where errors occur.
Translate into English:
El espacio debe utilizarse de forma inteligente.
Una parte del proceso puede retrasarse.
Detectar un problema a tiempo marca la diferencia.
Reading and translation are bonus practice and are not included in the score.
C2 | PROFICIENT
A well-run warehouse relies on the smooth interaction of dozens of small processes, any one of which can become a weak link if it is overlooked. When demand fluctuates unexpectedly, I may have to reassess priorities, redistribute stock, or reorganize part of the workflow at short notice. Having worked through peak periods, I have learned that reacting to every problem in isolation is rarely enough; it is often necessary to trace an error back to its source. Should a recurring discrepancy emerge, I look for the underlying pattern rather than simply correcting each individual case. The goal is not merely to keep up with demand, but to build a system that remains reliable when pressure mounts.
C2 | COMPETENTE
Un almacén bien gestionado depende de la interacción fluida de decenas de pequeños procesos, cualquiera de los cuales puede convertirse en un punto débil si se pasa por alto. Cuando la demanda fluctúa de forma inesperada, puede que tenga que reconsiderar las prioridades, redistribuir las existencias o reorganizar parte del flujo de trabajo con muy poca antelación. Después de haber trabajado durante periodos de máxima actividad, he aprendido que reaccionar a cada problema de forma aislada rara vez es suficiente; a menudo es necesario seguir el rastro de un error hasta encontrar su origen. Si aparece una discrepancia de forma recurrente, busco el patrón subyacente en lugar de limitarme a corregir cada caso individual. El objetivo no consiste únicamente en seguir el ritmo de la demanda, sino en crear un sistema que siga siendo fiable cuando aumenta la presión.
🎵 I learned everything I know at LecturaBilingue.com — the place where stories come alive.🎵 Todo lo que sé lo aprendí en LecturaBilingue.com, el lugar donde las historias cobran vida.
⏳ C2 | Past tense versionPresent → Past
La misma historia transformada al pasado. Los verbos que cambian aparecen destacados.
A well-run warehouse relied on the smooth interaction of dozens of small processes, any one of which could become a weak link if it was overlooked. When demand fluctuated unexpectedly, I might have to reassess priorities, redistribute stock, or reorganize part of the workflow at short notice. Having worked through peak periods, I had learned that reacting to every problem in isolation was rarely enough; it was often necessary to trace an error back to its source. Should a recurring discrepancy emerge, I looked for the underlying pattern rather than simply correcting each individual case. The goal was not merely to keep up with demand, but to build a system that remained reliable when pressure mounted.
Main changes
relies→reliedcan become→could becomeis overlooked→was overlookedfluctuates→fluctuatedmay have to reassess→might have to reassesshave learned→had learnedis→waslook→lookedremains→remainedmounts→mounted
💡 C2 | Grammar pointany one of which
La estructura any one of which añade información sobre cualquiera de varios elementos ya mencionados.
plural noun + , any one of which + verb
There are many processes, any one of which can fail.We handle dozens of orders, any one of which may be urgent.The system has several stages, any one of which can cause a delay.
Fíjate:which retoma el conjunto anterior y any one of significa «cualquiera de».
🔊 AUDIO C2
🇺🇸 English
Spoken
Song
🇪🇸 Español
Spoken
Song
C2 | Practice
Practice the Story — C2
Working in a Warehouse
Vocabulary
well-run — bien gestionado
weak link — punto / eslabón débil
fluctuate — fluctuar
at short notice — con muy poca antelación
peak period — periodo de máxima actividad
in isolation — de manera aislada
trace something back to its source — seguir algo hasta encontrar su origen
underlying pattern — patrón subyacente
keep up with demand — seguir el ritmo de la demanda
pressure mounts — aumenta la presión
Complete the sentence
Choose the correct answer
Build the sentence
Tap the words in the correct order:
linkweakabecomecanprocessestheseofoneAny
Reading comprehension
Why can a small process matter?
What might I do when demand fluctuates?
Why is treating problems in isolation not always enough?
What is the ultimate goal?
Translation practice
Translate into Spanish:
Demand fluctuates unexpectedly.
I trace the error back to its source.
Pressure mounts.
Translate into English:
Busco el patrón subyacente.
El sistema debe seguir siendo fiable.
Reconsidero las prioridades.
Reading and translation are bonus practice and are not included in the score.